Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Show Hammock allocation in a column at task level?

4 replies [Last post]
Richard Mann
User offline. Last seen 6 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,

I have a project on Asta that uses hammock tasks to summarise packages of work. I've been searching for a way to add a column that shows what hammock a task is assigned to; does anybody know if this is possible?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

Replies

Charlotte Underhill
User offline. Last seen 5 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Richard,

You can use the parent name colun which is found under the identification category.

Hope this helps :)

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Richard.

Just change the code of the new task.

Best regards

Mike T.

Richard Mann
User offline. Last seen 6 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks Mike, the only problem I have with that method is if I copy a task and it copies the code to the new task even though it's not allocated to the hammock of the original task. I wasn't sure if there was any other way of showing that the new task is not allocated to a hammock without doing it manually.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Richard

Assign a code to each task and then assign the same code to the hammock.

Best regards

Mike T.