Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Duration automatically changing from 1d to 6000w

2 replies [Last post]
Stephen Wearen
User offline. Last seen 7 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi, trying to do a college assignment and mid way through programme, when I enter 1d for a duration it jumps to 6000w. Has anybody had a similar issue or know what setting will rectify this. Thanks

Replies

Ameya Talekar
User offline. Last seen 4 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi, 

Check if you have resources in the particular activites and been closed on single day span (Act Start-Finish) it accumulates your planned resource distributio and distort the complete timeline. I just am putting my guess as it occers here in my Schedule several times when we close DELETED Provisional sums acitviities with cost loaded into it.

Regards,

Ameya

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Stephen - welcome to planning planet

Never heard of that one before - have you created a buffer task by accident - if so change it back to a normal task.

Next check your calendars both on the task and any resources.

Can you change it back to 1d by either:

Change the dates in the spreadsheet?

Drag the task back with the mouse?

You could have a glitch on the software - try deleting the task and putting it on a new row.

If nothing else then contact Asta Support - I presume you have an up to date licence.