Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Recommendation Letter

2 replies [Last post]
Carlos Arana
User offline. Last seen 5 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
I quit my job 3 weeks ago, I was delivering my files and training some people to do the work I was doing. This friday it will be my last day as forensic schedule analyst.
I’m a little afraid to request a recommendation letter ... I actually don’t know how to do it, if my boss has to write or I should write it so he can just sign it.
I’d preffer he to write it since it could give me some feedback.
What’s the best way to request a recommendation letter from the job I’m quitting? This was my first serious job.

Best Regards.
Carlos A. Matus

Replies

Carlos Arana
User offline. Last seen 5 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Samer, your reply gave me some good light.

Best regards.
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Carlos,

You need to get an "Experience Certificate" from your employer. Stating that you worked for them from date 1 to date 2. This is something that every company must provide.

I would recommend that you take the Letter of Recommendation from someone that you worked with and you will maintain your relationship with after this job. You do not need to take it from the company. Usually, if your next employer wants to check on your performace, they will call directly.

With kind regards,

Samer