Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Actual resources vs Planned resources

5 replies [Last post]
Alexandre Faulx-B...
User offline. Last seen 1 year 47 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Tilos users,

I would appreciate if somebody explains the difference between Actula resources and Planned resources in Tilos.

Are Actual resources mandatory if I want to update the project progress by using resources actual work? Or are they something really different?

The online help is very clear in describing the way to add actual resources by hand or by using the Collect actuals option, but it does not say a word about why to use these Actual resources.

Thank you for your help,

Alexandre

Replies

Shalabh saraf
User offline. Last seen 6 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

meanwhile let me ask the same in differnt forum. ....

Shalabh saraf

Hi Alexandre,

I believe that you have to do that analysis in Excel to distinguish the Planned Vs Remaining Effort.

I have tried to do that in TILOS but in vain.

Anyways, you can export the resource units from TILOS to Excel.

Regards,

Shalabh

Shalabh saraf
Yes, Actual resource in TILOS is an entry only field. As you said we need to add actual resources hand by hand or by using the collect actual options. These are useful when you show your Resource Histograms showing planned Vs Actual.  Usually, we use them when we choose an option of progress is entered using the quantity. The progressed quantity set in relation to the quantity gives the percentage completed value.  I hope this would help.   Regards, Shalabh