Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Assigments. Actual and Forecast, don't add up to Budget?

1 reply [Last post]
Philip James
User offline. Last seen 38 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi

I'm quite new to planning / P6

And have a resource assignments question

I am trying to export the

1. Budgetted Units

2. Actual Units

3. Remaining Units

I go into the Resources Assisgnemrnt Tab and select one of the above and copy the information into excel

However. The units don't add up correctly? I.e

The Actual Units + Remaining Units do not add up to the Budgetted Units figure?

Any ideas?

Regards

Philip

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

unless the job has not started or the job is not finished the actual units will NEVER match the budget

oal of these setting below are made in the Project directory 

go to the projects directory 

high light your project 

click on the calculations tab

on the right under Resource Assignmenst make sure that under When updating Actual Units or Costs that Subtract Actual from At Completion is checked.

Also make sure that Recacluate actula Units and Cost whne duration % coplete changes

Also make sure that Link Actual and Atual This Period Units and Cost is checked

Also make sure that Link Actual This Period Units and Cost is checked

On the Resoures tab on the right hand side Under Assignmnets Defaults that under Resource Assignments that 

Resources can be assigned to teh same actviity more than once IS NOT CHECKED

on the left under Activities make sure that Link Budget and At Completion for actvities not started activites is checked.