Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

What histograms have you used?

1 reply [Last post]
Dave Crosby
User offline. Last seen 9 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
I am interested to know what histograms people have used in TILOS. Resource/Cost/Rainfall/topography/cut and fill/elevation etc.

Replies

Dave Crosby
User offline. Last seen 9 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
For example I put together a chart recently with the usual cut and fill and a resource profile. I also created a time based histogram using the mean monthly rainfall for the area. This was important because a huge amount of earthworks needed to get done before the wet season.

So I also shaded the background of the main time/distance chart in various shades of blue to represent how much rainfall could be expected at different times of the year. When the tasks are overlaid over these blue bands it makes it very clear how important it is to complete certain tasks on time.

It also means you can create different scenarios and show people the consequences if they don’t allocate enough resources to the job.

This particular project distance isn’t long enough to include different rainfall patterns for different parts of the project. However I have seen this done on a pipeline project.