Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Norm field/column in SP

5 replies [Last post]
Tong Cong Tuan
User offline. Last seen 15 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Mr Rafael,

In almost my projects, I've used Norm (hours per 1 unit) more than using Productivity (units per 1 hour). Norm and Productivity are same essence, just an inverse of each other. So, how can I get it in SP. I tried formula in "new field", but still couldn't find Productivity field in it.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Replies

Tong Cong Tuan

It can only do if Mr Vladimir add it to the next release of SP (hehe), make it as a default field like Productivity field...until now it just takes me 4 seconds for executing the formular, or 1 second if run a favorite Script. Formular in SP reminise me about the feature "Global Change" in P6, but "Script" is a really difference.

Thanks alot,

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 51 min 57 sec ago. Offline

Excellent, this is Planning Planet at its best, responses comes very fast, good when you need an answer in a hurry.

Bogdan Leonte
User offline. Last seen 5 days 14 hours ago. Offline

You cannot set any column to calculate while you input data.

All calculation will be done after all the data has been introduced by the user.

You could create a script which will execute the formula (transform all norms into productivity) and then perform a simple CPM calculation o Resource Constrained Calculation.

To set up a script into the project go to Edit->Script->Create and copy paste the following:

Simple CPM calculation script:

PROJTABAPPLYFORMULA (Nrm->Prod, GANTTOPER); -applies the norm to productivity formula, in Activity Gantt table
PROJCALCSCHED (); -perform a simple CPM calculation(scheduling) based on options you already defined
PROJCALCCOST (); -calculates project cost and material consumption/revenue based on options you already defined

With constraints the script is the following

PROJTABAPPLYFORMULA (Nrm->Prod, GANTTOPER); -applies the norm to productivity formula, in Activity Gantt table
PROJCALCSCHEDRES (); -performs resource constraine sheduling based on options you already defined
PROJCALCCOST (); -calculates project cost and material consumption/revenue based on options you already defined

Best Regards,

Bogdan

Tong Cong Tuan

Thanks Mr Bogdan,

I got it!

One more question: each formula we need to click the button "Execute" before it done. Can I do it automaticly, it means when I input values for Norm column, the Productivity column shall be calculated automaticaly. Sorry, I'm just a newbie user of SP.

Thanks & Best Regards

Bogdan Leonte
User offline. Last seen 5 days 14 hours ago. Offline

Tuan, 

if I understand correctly you want a formula + user field (for norm) in order to transform norms into productivity?

If so here is how you can do it:

• The productivity column is located under Assignment fields.
    norm_to_prod.jpg
  • The RoundTo ( Value, Number of Decimals) is optional, to me it makes more scense to have a value for productivity rounded at two or three decimals rather than 8 or 9.
  • Hope this helps.
  • Regards,
  • Bogdan