Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Deleting of the data from the performance archive also deletes the original (planned) activity data.

1 reply [Last post]
Evgeny Z.
User offline. Last seen 38 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear all,

I noticed the following behavior:

Deleting of the data from the performance archive also deletes the original (planned) activity data. As in the example below, after I have deleted the performance archive from Activity 1, it’s duration changed to 0.

Is it an expected behavior?  I thought that one of the advantages of Spider was the separation from original data and performance archive.

Regards.

Evgeny

Initial project

photo UpdateProgress001_zps587edba0.png

Performance data is added to Activity 1

photo UpdateProgress002_zpsd3874bd1.png

Performance data is removed from Activity 1

photo UpdateProgress003_zps98432644.png

Replies

Yes, it is expected behavior.

Entering actual data one may change estimates of remaining duration, volume, etc. If something was wrong in performance archive  (in other case why do you want to delete this record?) then it does not make sense automatically restore deleted data. Planned or remaining data may be restored manually or using formulas when current version is compared with the previous or with baseline.