Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

The taps are drying

9 replies [Last post]
Scarllet Pimpernel
User offline. Last seen 12 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
I notice the sad state of the job page.

It is going smaller and smaller.

Very few advertisement for job vacancy. Most of the job advertise is from UK,

Previously, there were swarm of job vacancy from UAE, GCC, Down Under, Kazaksthan.

It is so sad the financial crisis influence the planners free movement.

Thank you,
Scarlett

Replies

Sajid Syed
User offline. Last seen 12 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
I you don’t mind, please share what are you earning in Qatar
D Artagnan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
I am also looking for a job in EU, UK & US. I am good with P6 and database management, I can also be a P6 database admin. I know the economy is down but as long as the pay is ok to support my family (one baby) that would be alright. I am working in Qatar right now. I am 29 year old filipino.
Sajid Syed
User offline. Last seen 12 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Hi
I am looking for a job in UK.

i am a fresh HSMP.

i have got 10 years experience of industry.

regards
Thomas Brown
User offline. Last seen 6 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Brad,

I have a role for a tender planner, but is permanent, not contract unfortunately.

Thanks,

Tom
Brad Lord
User offline. Last seen 9 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Tom

Are you looking for any planners with good primavera and rail in UK on a contract basis, if so please call me on 07532 276251

regards

bradley
Thomas Brown
User offline. Last seen 6 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Guys,

Things are definitely quieter now than they were a couple of years ago. At the same time, I’ve noticed a definite levelling-off in the rate of decline in recent months, and even a bit of an upturn in the last few weeks. If either of you are looking for work at present then please do contact me directly, I would be pleased to assist.

All the best,

Tom Brown
Foxwll Brown Ltd
Joel Gilbert
User offline. Last seen 4 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
I agree but look at some other sites, they are have the same amount of jobs as always?
Joel Gilbert
User offline. Last seen 4 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Hey Tony,

Don’t worry the real professional companies don’t hire 250 jockeys, and if they do it costs them a fortune and they soon realise it is not the way to go. It is however the trend at the moment cause there is a huge surplus of planners.
The market will swing and they will be begging Planners again and we will be naming our price again. At the moment just take anything to keep the money you have saved intact (or should have saved) and hang in. The storm is coming the sails are twitching
Tony Hughes
User offline. Last seen 1 week 3 days ago. Offline
As far as freelancing goes in london - I think there is work out there but at the same time the rates have dropped, you cant compete with someone who is happy to work for £250 a day