Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Is the Oil & Gas market totally dead

4 replies [Last post]
Martyn Coates
User offline. Last seen 5 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Not many jobs in the Oil & Gas sector right now.

This has gone on for a year now but it seems to be worse now than ever before, how long will it last?

Replies

Joel Gilbert
User offline. Last seen 4 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Good Luck Martin, I may have to join the Perm train soon too.
Keep in touch, mail me and tell me what it is like, it is always good to know what the countries and projects are like.

Actually it would make a good Forum "Countries and Projects and the Planners comments and opinion on them. That would serve to protect the planners from been coned into bad locations and projects.

Any Planners comments?
Martyn Coates
User offline. Last seen 5 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
I will hang in there and if perm is the way forward at the moment then so be it. I could do with some free training but one thing that gets me is that the companies feel safer if your perm.
Why is that? surely a contractor who is happy would go on for years, a permie always wants a bit more or a grade higher etc....

well perm here we go, either that or a different market....
Joel Gilbert
User offline. Last seen 4 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
The new fashion now because they say there is such a big unemployment and so many Planners available, is to offer so called "Permanent or salaried" employment. That is fine take it and when the market picks up they will be crying when all their employees scramble for better paid jobs. So my advice is bite the bullet and hang in there - it will pick up.
Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
openings are there in Qatar & Abu Dhabi check out in bayt.com