Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Offer in Abudhabi

16 replies [Last post]
DATTATREYA PADHARTHI
User offline. Last seen 5 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Dear friends,
I have received an offer in Abudhabi as a Planning Engineer (10 years experience).
They have offered 12,000 UAE dirhamns.
Is it enough or less for i have heard accomodations(furnished) are quite expensive.

Thank you
PS Dattatreya

Replies

Sunil Kumar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Yes Daya ,

Its almost the same rents as in Dubai or probably slighly more if you are looking for ideal locations..
All the best and see you at UAE soon

Cheers

Sunil
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Sunil,

Thanks for your reply. What would be the accommodation cost in Abudhabi same like dubai?.

Cheers!!!

Daya
Sunil Kumar
Daya,

I f you are in the right place at the Right time you can loook at 14-16 k easily.

Sunil
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
what is the maximum limit of salary offer in Abudhabi for an experienced planner?. say 15 years.
T M Harish
User offline. Last seen 12 years 1 week ago. Offline
Dattatreya,

If your job is related with Civil construction works and you have 10 years exp., then you could ask more..may be 14K. We can see advt with a Salary indication of 10K for 4 year exp. planners. Also, the living cost in UAE has gone up since last year.

And if you are an Oil & Gas Planner, then the it should be atleast 2K plus.

Regards,
Harish
Mohammed Muneeruddin
User offline. Last seen 5 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
HI

I AM HERE SINCE MANY YEARS . I HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH ALL NATIONALITIES. IT DEPENDS - CASE TO CASE. IN ARAB MANAGED COMPANIES THEY RESPECT ASIANS WHO DO PAPER WORK., I MEAN ESTIMATION, PLANNING , COSTCONTROL ETC.,

BUT IF IT IS BAD LUCK - THEN NO MATTER WHAT THE MANAGEMENT IS SOME PROVE TO BE DOGS AND OTHERS SNAKES

REGARDS
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Mohammed,

Ithought of a good reply,but refrained. I just think the terms dogs and snakes do not apply, maybe the worst you can say is procrastinators (ie not good decision makers in the short term), as I have found by experience, but decent people at the end of the day.
Jimmy robert
User offline. Last seen 18 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
I totally agree with your last words of this paragraph that

Most important confirm whether company is managed by westerners or asians. If westerners than fine and if asian than o.k. but if Egyptian ...... ...

[ unnecessarily rude text removed by moderator ]
Razi Khan
User offline. Last seen 7 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Raj is right. You will not get a good double bedroom flat in less than AED 4000/ p.m. Consider school fee 600-900 p.m. per child. Electriciy Bill 300-500 per month. And in Gulf life is really difficult if you don’t own a car. So consider car expenses including Installment+Fuel+Maint 2000 per month. After this think about saving potential

But offer of 12,000 is O.K. for asians.

Most important confirm whether company is managed by westerners or asians. If westerners than fine and if asian than o.k. but if Egyptian ...... ...

Best is thing about Abu Dhabi is nice cute little city. No traffic. Not a hell like Dubai or Sharjah.

Cheers
Jaco Stadler
User offline. Last seen 17 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Good Morning
We all need to make our own decisions in Life

All we can do is guide you I would suggest you start with reading the local Papers (They normally give you a fair idea for the cost of Living)

http://www.gulf-news.com/

Start with Drawing Yourelf up your current Budget Then have a look at what that would cost in UAE.

This would give you a fair idea. Use the Net.

Think

Accomodation/Utilities
Transport
Food
Entertainment
Saving

Cheers

Raj Maurya
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Viswas How can you say that monthly expences in Abu Dhabi is about 2500 Dh only!!
As I know you can’t get any accomodation less than 4000 and schooling of kids so expensive?
Well I guess you could say the reverse what you said for saving potential?
But still I believe the offer of 12 K is awesome but you have to compare the working environment also while taking decision?
Sunil Kumar
Viswas, save 9500 !!!!!!!! I cant believe this...

Dattatreya, if you are really good you can demand upto 16,000 and belive me Abudhabi is as expensive as Dubai.

Welcome to UAE !!!

Sunil
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
I think you are telling it for a bachelor status.
Vishwas Bindigana...
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Cool Man,

12k is a good offer for a Planning Engineer in UAE. With all expenditures you can still save 9500 per month.

Rgds
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
Abudhabi living conditions are good and less expensive as compared with Dubai, hence 12,000 is a reasonable offer, you can accept it. Bye the way, any problem in working in South Korea?.
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 52 weeks ago. Offline
Very Good offer - no doubt -accept it if you are willing to work in UAE