Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Problems ?????

8 replies [Last post]
Zq qz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello,

Want to have an Idea....

1.-What is the most difficult problem you encountered or asked from you, at work and during your first interview as a Planner. And Why?

Regards,

MMDonato

Replies

MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
For senior post application, technical question is not a critical, the employer more concern on management and your personal character side.

They may idea on your technical skill from your CV, working experience. Some some technical question is quite difficult to answer, I have faced one before. "The P3 software in my organization is running very slow, any suggestion?" The result is my turn on Q&A, to understanding their current setup, programme architecture, hardware and software config, like provide concultancy services rather an interview.

It is a challenge.
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Oh another one

What is your worst failure??

To be honest I never amit to any personal failure. I been planning my career path well advance. Always one step ahead of everyone (That’s what I think) But to face it in reality everyone fail sometime one way or the other. I did too but just not able to face it :(
Anyway I answer this one badly, I said one of the successfully PM managed and ran project is my biggest failure, because the project was "Canned" by the senior management due to a political influcence / restructure of the org. Then the interviewer redirect me and said "this is not your personal failure" Lucky with quick thinking I turn around and indicated that the Change management is not managed properly and that’s why the project becomes too political and have to close. And as the PM for the project I have to take on the responsibility
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Are you Introvert Extrovert person??

To start off with I have a bit of difficulty to understand the word introvert / extrovert. So I have to take a guess
Lucky I took the right guess -Shy or outgoing.

As a planner you need to have a bit of both quality. I know sound very difficult. Firstly to find out progress, planning and budgeting you need to be extrovert - Proactive Speak to people
Then when you do the analysis and daily updating you then become introvert or at least able to spend a long period of time doing details works. (Tell you what it is very difficult to do both) So when you answer the question you need to think like a PM, and what quality of a planner that a PM wants.
Zq qz
Thanks
MK TSE
[impolite response deleted by Moderator.]
MK TSE
Don’t afraid this kind of question. Instead of technical question, there is some questions seems doen’t make sense.

My question is quite simple, if the candidate feel confident, he will show his knowledge, ability, understand to the post (according to his available and understandable information)

Some answers is "I like the company"; "The list scope is quite interest and challenge"; "I’m not sure what planner do and want to learn"; "Hope an opportunity"; etc Do you accept them as interviewer?

HR people have more ideas on interview, organize a debate or case discussion among canditates; games; etc

We need to face "out of our expectation".
Zq qz
If you don’t want to response positively don’t reply. One purpose this forum is is to let other learn and know what is happening, because not all member of this is / are planners.
MK TSE
An impolite question.
"Why you apply this job?"