Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Licence Requirements for Bridge Construction Over A Canal In the UK

1 reply [Last post]
Daniel Morris
User offline. Last seen 12 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello;

I am currently looking at a project that involves removing an existing bridge that crosses a canal in the UK. I was wondering if any one knew what licences are required to undertake these works as well as the traditional lead inns for the applications. There is no piling to be undertaken and so it will only be the construction of the new bridge that will have any impact. Also as I have never experienced bridge building before any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Daniel  

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Daniel

English Waterways control the UK canal system so that is a good starting point.

A bridge can be anything a simple as plank on two piles of bricks or a cable stay span.

The key to it is access for any lifting gear - cranes and the like.

And the fish breeding season may well come into it.

Best regards

Mike Testro