Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Extension of Time Documents

4 replies [Last post]
Umer Mehmood
User offline. Last seen 1 year 49 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Friends

I am Working on a Palace Project , our project end date was 31 mar 2011 , we submit several impacted schedule whenever we recieve changes and new design , as per our impacted schedule the end date was in novemeber 2011 for the only the released scope , howver there are four to five small building that are part of provisional sums and they have not been released. 

The Client grant us extension of time upto june 2011 for released scope only , however  this extension is not enough as there are stiill many areas where design is pending and also the completion of work requires an other subcontractor from the client which has not yet mobilized on the site

i have to prepare extension of time documents for my Claim , if any of you have any good format , please email me at Use private message service

Thanks

Umer Mehmood

Planning Engineer

Replies

Patrick Weaver
User offline. Last seen 4 days 5 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

To help formalise the claim I suggest two references:

The Delay and Disruption Protocol published by the Construction Law Society - http://www.eotprotocol.com

The Guide to Good Practice in the Management of Time in Complex Projects published by Wiley, for links to various purchase options see: http://www.mosaicprojects.com.au/Book_Sales.html#CIOB

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Umer

A simple method of claim preparation is to consider each event in turn on a strict chronological order of impact date.

Impact the event on the programme and record the result.

Write a short story describing the event and the effect it had on progress.

Indicate the relevant Contract Clause that applies to the event.

Save the Delay prohramme and move on to the next event.

Continue until all events are impacted

Write a short summary of all the causes and effects and place this as an opening paragraph.

Write a closing summary and place it at the end.

This format is based on the solid 3 stage principle of: Tell what you are going to say - Say it - Tell him what you said.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Mike Testro

Umer Mehmood
User offline. Last seen 1 year 49 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Roland

Thankyou for replying

i have not prepared any claims before, i just prepared impacted schedule to show the impact on the program

The Consultant is continously asking to prepare a package for the EOT, I dont have any patricular format so that i can satisfy him. Thats the reason if am searching for a format of report so that a professional reply can be made 

Thankyou 

Roland Tannous
User offline. Last seen 12 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Are we talking about a Global Claim in here. Solely Delay Claim , Disruption Claim?

Have you prepared any such claims before?