Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Metal construction

3 replies [Last post]
Abhijit Kale
User offline. Last seen 5 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Friends,

Can any body help me out with some leterature related to the "Metal Construction": (Steel structures) for Industrial structure.

Possibly give Literature related to procedure, process, type of joints and quality checks required for Metal construction.

I m new person in the field of metal construction and so far i was the part of large infrastructure projects.

Expecting the +ve feedbacks
Cheers

Replies

A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
I hav written that manual in 2005, so i know there’s everything in that, what u r searching for (For Pre-Engineered Buildings)

In which comapny u r working now? I may help u little bit more.

Cheers,

Rav
Abhijit Kale
User offline. Last seen 5 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thank you very much.

Ill check out the manual of tata bluescope steel.

Thanks and revert back to you
cheers
Abhi
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Abhi,

I have worked previously with Pre-Engineered Building (PEB) firms. Its all site-bolted connections with all welding for built-up structures completed in factory itself and then transported to site. If u r in India, u can check Installation Manual of TATA BlueScope Steel. That will give u an idea of entire process of construction of Pre-Engineered buildings, right from Unloading to final handing-over of steel buildings including quality checks.

U can check the website of zamil steel for literature. Or if u want some specific information plz send me PM, i will revert back.

Cheers,

Rav