Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Everyone

5 replies [Last post]
Emelyn Martinez
User offline. Last seen 12 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi! Im currently in search for a topic for my thesis in Construction Management. Can you please suggest for a topic that can help in the improvement of the planning system here in our country, Philippines.

Thanks.

Emelyn W. Martines

Replies

Zuo George
User offline. Last seen 20 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Yes, I also think the quantitative approach can make the output more practical. How can we integrate these two methods?
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Does qualitative methods are supported by quantitative methods? On business management, have figures is much preferable
Zuo George
User offline. Last seen 20 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi, Bernard Ertl and Emelyn Martinez,

I read your messages about the topic in construction management. Im also interested in this field. Hope we can diccuss more about it in the future.

On the other hand, I found most of the research methods in construction industry were using qualitative methods. However, I think the quantitative methods can make the research output more practical. Whats your opinion?
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Perhaps you could study the impact of legal/contractual considerations on the use of PM as a management tool. From what I am reading around the internet, in the construction industry, it can really pervert and obstruct the process.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software
Morteza Jafari
User offline. Last seen 11 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
could you clarify more detailed you are looking for construction management for what aim ?