Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Showing Actual Work/%Complete without it afffecting Planned Start & Planned Finish

3 replies [Last post]
Geoffrey Narlee
User offline. Last seen 10 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I cannot figure out how to showing Actual Work/%Complete without it afffecting Planned Start & Planned Finish. I know I can show a Baseline. But I want to be working "in-project" on the schedule and the %Complete is controlling Planned Finish dates, as shown on the bar even though they remain as desired in the Columns Grid. I have tried driving the bars with Current Bar, Planned Bar, etc. and cannot get the two dis-entangled.

Replies

Geoffrey Narlee

Oh thank you Johannes!

I can take my head out of the oven now. I had not followed through with that variable on both sides of Gantt layout. And also didn't understand the difference between physical and Performance Percent, and also referred to as Activity % Complete (physical being "entered manually by the user instead of being calculated by the application." Perhaps they should have named it "Manual % Complete, Not Calculated, For Informational Purposes Only, and Thus Not Affecting the Schedule." Hmm. Evevn the acronym would be too long! How about SN % Complete (Side Note)...

I'm very simple, so it's dangerous providing me with all these tools...

Johannes Vandenberg
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Geoffrey.

I guess that you have assigned a duration type % complete the tasks. Change this to Physical % complete and you are be able to separately detail the % complete and remaining duration of the task. So,now you can control the task finish date.

Regards Johannes

Geoffrey Narlee

I wish I could post a jpg on this. What I'm trying to do is say, ok i see I've started this task. I'm 30% done, but I don't want that to control the finish date of the task - I still want to be able to assign a finish date based on my judgement or task interdependencies regardless that the task is 30% done. But Primavera is saying "no the 30% now controls the finish date."