Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Can someone help me Pls...

2 replies [Last post]
Dwaraka Gandlavel...
User offline. Last seen 6 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

As I am new to this Project Planning. I want to know in detail about the following topics

Remaining Early Units

Remaining Late Units

Overallocated Remaining Early Units

Overallocated Remaining Late Units

Over Allocated Early Units

Over Allocated Late Units

AtCompletion Units.

Can someone help me with example please...!!!

Thanks 

Replies

Dwaraka Gandlavel...
User offline. Last seen 6 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks Khaja Sharief.. your answer gave me better idea on Units Completion...

Khaja Sharief
User offline. Last seen 10 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

A little basic understanding is needed before understanding early and late dates which are calculated during the forward and backward pass during the CPM calculation.

If for an activity has budgeted units 100 (say), and at data date 'x' you have progressed 50% that means you have got 50 units which is for simplicity consider as actual units. Now the remaining units is equal to 100 minus 50 which is equal to 50. This 50 units would get distributed over the activity dates. P6 does calculates early dates during forward pass and late dates during backward pass. If the units are distributed using early dates then it is called remaining early units distribution and if distributed using late dates then it is called remaining late units distribution. 

I think overallocation comes into picture if the resource allocated to an activity is loaded excess than it's maximum capacity which is defined at 'max units/time' field.