Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

XER tool Kit

3 replies [Last post]
mani M.R
User offline. Last seen 8 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Hai all

Last week our Organisation Purchased XER tool kit. You can also downlaod XER tool Kit in the below mentioned link

http://www.projectcontrolsystems.co.uk/Register.html

The Main Feature of The Toolkit.

• XER Schedule viewer structured by WBS heirachy.
  • Activity Logic Tracer.
  • User defined column selections, including column/ number formatting
  • User defined filtering options, (similar to native Primavera filter options)
  • Schedule health check - Based on the Defence Contract Management Agency (DCMA) Schedule Assessment- logic/ Leads/ lags/ Constraints/ Float/Duration/ Cost/ Invalid Dates/ In progress Activities
  • Display steps/ Resources/ Expenses/ Predecessors/ Successors in gantt view columns
  • Calendar viewer & working pattern wallchart creator
  • Project Health Check Dashboard Report
  • Save colour/ Column schemes
  • Compare Baseline
  • Driving Predecessor/Successor in Gantt Chart
  • Reduce the time in Format the P6 Programme in Excel
  • Importing the data faster than P6

Lot of Features are yet come & the Licence fees for one year is only GBP 39 . I feel it is worth .

What about your opinion?

Regards

Mani

Replies

Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline

Anbin:

Suggest you direct you questions/query directly to the developer - see the About Toolkit tab or use support@xertoolkit.co.uk

When you receive your answer, it may be beneficial to post the reply here.

BTW: I have no commercial relationship with the program or the developer, I just think this is an useful and inexpensive tool that all should be aware of.

Anbin Ponnith
User offline. Last seen 8 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

I downloaded the file. I use P6v7. I found the following options good and interesting

1. I am able to get my data's in P6 directly in an excel and also in the format of P6 so as to take a good print out and show it in certain presentations.
  2. The nutshell report is very good indeed would save most of my time in spending to prepare a project summary.

I am just started using in my PC. But a querry. I use SDK. Will this tool serve the purpose of SDK too?

Regards,

Anbin Pponnith

Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline

Mani:

While the Toolkit is about 90% of where I would like it to be, the developer is working diligently to improve the product.  At about $60 USD, I too think it is well worth the price.  If schedule health is of concern and you cannot justify buying "Accumen Fuse", the toolkit is an attractive alternative.

Thanks for this post, it is a product that deserves more exposure.