Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3e version 5.0 Xer Export Compatability.

8 replies [Last post]
Brendan Donovan
User offline. Last seen 9 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Has anyone yet had the experience to see wheather you are able to import an XER file generated from p3e 5.0 into an earlier version of p3e?

Replies

Mario Sanvitale
User offline. Last seen 12 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Gosh Brendan I can’t remember back that far - I thought 3.0 went straight to 3.5 but am probably wrong!! I know v3.5.1 files have to be converted to v4.1 before going to v5, so I guess whatever these are will need the same.
Brendan Donovan
Mario,
I had a go at that and it seems ok(version 5.0 into version 4.1).
I was just trying to import XER files generated in p3e 3.1.1 into p3e version 5.0 and it would appear that these are not accepted, do you have any knowledge where this is concerned??
cheers
Brendan
Brendan Donovan
Thanks Mario,
I will give it a try.
Mario Sanvitale
Sorry Brendan, perhaps my reply could have been clearer. There is an export facility to Contractor v4.1 and, in my understanding, both it and the standard .xer transfer allow projects to be transferred back to v4.1. Obviously facilities not in the earlier version will not be transferred.
Brendan Donovan
Hi Mario,
Thanks for your answer, however the question still remains will earlier versions of p3e import version 5.0 xer files. I appreciate your answer but all this indicates to me is that i must now buy more software to fulfill this basic function.
Mario Sanvitale
Philip, I think most of the software suppliers do, look at other threads for other systems. We are Primavera dealers, I answered within 20 minutes!
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Why do the software suppliers never bother to answer these questions
Mario Sanvitale
There is a facility to export to Contractor v4.1 in version 5 so that I understand enables export to Enterprise v4.1.