Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Drag Summary Bars in P6

4 replies [Last post]
chris william
User offline. Last seen 10 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello P6 Experts,

How to drag/move main summary bar to new position/date in P6 for shifting the whole project to the new start  date?

In Asta powerproject it is very easy to do that.

Roll up the whole project in one summary bar and then move this summary bar to the new position or required date very easily.

How can do that in Primavera P6?

Give me the special tip/trick to do that  plz

Thanks.

Replies

V Kutty
User offline. Last seen 4 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

You can also changed the Planned start for the Project from the Enterprise - Projects View. You may also need to change the Data Date.

chris william
User offline. Last seen 10 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks V.

Sorted.

V Kutty

Hi,

I assume the Project has not started. You can do it one of many ways.

1) In this case Hit F9 and change the DD to the date you want the Project to start.

2) The First activity in the project can be constrained Start On to the day you want the project to start.

- Ideally, I would add a Start Milestone called Project Start and put a start on or After constraint or a Start on Constraint to it for the date that you beleive the project will start. Link the earliest activity to it and Hit F9.

*If there are activities which dont have successors they will need to be linked to this start MS. However, It is best practice to have only 1 activity without a predecessor(the very first activity) so before you do that you need to make an assesment if there are other activities which should happen before these loose activities start ie. find their predecessors and link them.

Regards,

Vijay 

V Kutty

Hi,

I assume the Project has not started. You can do it one of many ways.

1) In this case Hit F9 and change the DD to the date you want the Project to start.

2) The First activity in the project can be constrained Start On to the day you want the project to start.

- Ideally, I would add a Start Milestone called Project Start and put a start on or After constraint or a Start on Constraint to it for the date that you beleive the project will start. Link the earliest activity to it and Hit F9.

*If there are activities which dont have successors they will need to be linked to this start MS. However, It is best practice to have only 1 activity without a predecessor(the very first activity) so before you do that you need to make an assesment if there are other activities which should happen before these loose activities start ie. find their predecessors and link them.

Regards,

Vijay