Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Summary bar in same color as grouping band

2 replies [Last post]
Luc Overdulve
User offline. Last seen 12 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi!

I have to color the grouping summaries (WBS) the same as the corresponding grouping bands. Of course I tried this but it seems impossible.
First of all it seems impossible to filter for Summaries - there is a default Summary filter which cannot be found as bar filter. So I built a custom one filtering out all Activity Types...
Then I have to filter all (four) different WBS levels for defining each grouping summary color, but I cannot find a way to do this.

Any suggestion? Thanks in advance!

Regards, Luc

Replies

Luc Overdulve
User offline. Last seen 12 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
You’re right, that’s exactly what we do at this moment.

But now our project manager likes to see the summary BARS appearing in the very same colors as the bands do, so for example WBS level 1 (blue band and blue summary bar), WBS level 2 (yellow band AND yellow summary bar) and so on.
So, there have to be created four new bars, for each grouping level, with same colors as the four WBS grouping bands.

I hope you can imagine what we want. But, we don’t use WBS-summaries here. The summaries shown are summaries caused by grouping the planning. (by WBS level)

Thanks for your reply!
Nigel Hussey
User offline. Last seen 17 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Ok, not quite sure of your question but this might help. When you use the WBS to do groupings and summaries you can change the colour of the group summary based on its level within the WBS. In "Group and Sort" select WBS and have indent checked, on the right hand side you can change the font and colour of each band within the WBS.