Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Assigning Colors/Patterns to Activity Bars in P3e

3 replies [Last post]
Scott Tate
User offline. Last seen 15 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
P3e does not have the feature to allow a code to be established and then assign colors or patterns to activity bars. You can set up a code and still organize by the responsibility code, but not assign a color or pattern to the activity bars. Does anyone have a way to do this in P3e? I’ve heard there’s a way to assign resources and set up filters to trick P3e into doing this.

Replies

Niek Zonneveld
User offline. Last seen 2 years 1 week ago. Offline
Rashid is right Scott, this is the mechanism to do it.

It works on any type of bar with any possible combination of filters.

The best way is to take it from the top down because a lower row will automatically overwrite the rows above it. So, for instance, if all normal activities have a green bar, adding a new line below that will overwrite the green bar if it matches the criteria you set in your filters (like: normal and activity code XYZ containing value ABC)

Good luck!

Niek.
Scott Tate
User offline. Last seen 15 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
I’ll give it a try. Will this work for individual activities or just summary bars?

Thanks.
Rashid Iqbal
User offline. Last seen 17 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Scott,

Nowadays, I am also trying to learn P3e and have recently managed to get this ’P3 thing’ done in this new software.

Make a new bar, and attach a filter to it which screens out the desired code. And then format the bar as you wish.

Regards
Rashid