Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Color Coding Summary Bars (per level)

4 replies [Last post]
Carlos Ortega
User offline. Last seen 9 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
When using Activity Codes to view the program in a different format, different levels of summary bars come up. Can you color code each level of summary bar to a different color? Or does every summary bar HAS to have the same colour/format?

Replies

Carlos Ortega
Thanks for the replies Marcio.

I figured out a way of doing it, similar to what you were suggesting. However, I had to work around it, because I could not do exactly what I was intending. I think it is certain that different summary bar levels cannot have different colors. At least not that I have found.
What I did was create a filter and tick the ’Show when collapsed’, whihc works, but not exactly as I imagined.

Thanks for the help once again.

Carlos
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Ok Carlos,

Think u can do it.

On Grant Chart, right click and go on "Bars", "add" new bar, choose timescale "current bar" and create a filter for this bar. U can create how many bars u want with different filters and stipulate different colors / format for them.
I didn’t test it yet
Hope it works.

Regards.

Marcio Eduardo
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Carlos Ortega
Not exactly what I needed. The problem is changing the colors in the Gantt Chart bars. I need a different Bar color for different summary levels.
Any ideas on that?
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Carlos Ortega,

Go on Group & Sort and click on Font & Color (choose color and font). U’ll have to do it for all leves of your Group & Sort. Choosing different colors for levels u have, i think u’ll achive resoults u want.

I don´t know if it is realy what u need.

Regards.

Marcio Eduardo
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil