Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Question Regarding Cost Loading in Primavera P6 ?

4 replies [Last post]
Irfan Khan
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 22 min ago. Offline

hi to all experts,

I am working with a recovery schedule. Which has been progressed upto 23.50%. Now scope of my contract has been changed.before total project value was 50 millions.now after lots of change order it is 70 millions.& invoice already claimed upto 50%  my question is should i load total revised cost i.e. 70 million on my schedule or should i load cost based on remaining work. any promptly reply will be highly appreciated. thanx in advance......

Replies

rowstone fausto
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Load only whatever cost added to remaining activities. Forget the cost for all completed activities, it is considered a sunk cost. Planning is iterative so while the project is progressing you need to replan, catchup the schedule and recompute the remaining level of efforts needed to complete your project. Make original durations intuitive equal to remaining.
Srichand Sobhani
User offline. Last seen 10 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Irfan,

Agree with Raymund reply, total cost to be loaded and remaining shall show whatever balance per activity from data date.

Regards,

Sri

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Irfan,

Load the Actual in the left side and remaining in the right side of the DD....

shiguo zhang
User offline. Last seen 10 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

hi Irfan

I think you should load total revised cost .  I am new to P6, so it's just an advice.