Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Import/Export

3 replies [Last post]
Ariel Malibiran
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Guys,

I have my cost loaded schedule prepared in P3. I have made adjustments in cost using the global change then imported the p3 schedule in P6. After the successfull importing to P6, I noticed that the cost remains the same as if I have not made adjustment thru global change in P3. Also, the budgeted quantities have been changed.

please help me in this issue.

thanks,

ariel

Replies

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 13 hours ago. Offline

You changed the Cost Manually in P3 but the Reosurce Price per Unit is carried with the Resource when exported.

When Importing, P6 will calculate as Resource Unit x Resource Unit price = Budget Cost.

Jose Frade
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Ariel.

Maybe P6 is not using the original old values from P3 but is simply making the calculation of quantities and arrving to the same value as P3 (how would P6 import a value that was not available anymore for importing ?).

Check your calendars, resources, units, unit/rate and the explanation is in one or several of these values not matching the imported database

BR

JMFrade

Ariel Malibiran
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Also, I noticed that the budgeted quantities have been changed (ie, increased by 8 times the BQ in P3) this is maybe because in P6, 8hrs per days is specified in the User Preferences, Time Units. I'm not certain about this. 

The odd and big question is, how is that possible that p6 used  the original cost considering that i have already changed the cost using the global change.

Any idea please!

Regards,

Ariel