Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to highlight activity

5 replies [Last post]
Rajesh Passi
User offline. Last seen 11 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Planners,

A small doubt in P6

I have 5 activities which i need to get highlight to show to my manager when i creat a pdf file. How can i highlight this activities in Primavera?

Thank you in advance

regards

Rajesh.

Replies

Nilkamal Parikh
User offline. Last seen 30 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Raymund,

If the print screen option allows you to print all the required columns and time scale bar clearly then it will be an option but still I will prefer to use highlighter pen or Adobe Pro for this kind of task. Print screen will not print enough information all the time. Say for example you want around 10-12 columns and time scale as well. I would not recommand that option. But at the end it depends upon case by case.

Cheers

Nilkamal

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 32 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

After highlighting from filter... print scrn (screen shot)

Nilkamal Parikh

Hi,

If you use filter and check the box to highlight the activities which match the criteria, this will only highlight your activities on screen only. You can't print like that i.e when you select to print all will be with same background and font colour.

The easiest and best method will be just use highliter or if you want to make it look nice use Adobe Pro and highlight the cell.

Hope this will help.

Nilkamal

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 32 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Use the Filter... highlight

Nilkamal Parikh

Hi,

I can't see any tool in P6 to highlight the activity. But if you are really after only 5 activities, you can create WBS for that and add the real activity under each related one. Then just print the WBS lavel 1 only. Don't forget to tick "Show group summaries" in group and sort tab for display option.

Hope this will help.

Cheers

Nilkamal