Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Delete Relationships in P6 using Global Change

3 replies [Last post]
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All,

I wish to resequence my network, so i am in need of deleting all existing activities relationship using Global Change and i want to re-sequence the activities.

is there any short way to do it?

Thank you for your support.

BR

Daya

Replies

Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline

Dayanidhi;

A less elegant solution: Export 'Activity Relationships' to Excel and delete row, then import result.  I may try SM's solution, next time I need to do it.  In my case I, only wanted to delete  relationships for two crafts.

SM PUM
User offline. Last seen 10 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

More Shortly

In Project Window---> Copy Project---> Paste ----> Check Off Relationship Option

You are done.

Regards

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 47 weeks ago. Offline

Daya,

Rather than using global change, I would:

1) Take a copy of the programme

2) Go to Project>wbs, and create a new top-level wbs element

3) Copy original wbs, and paste into new

4) ensure you un-tick the relationships option, when it asks you what activity details you want to copy

5) delete original wbs

PS: I deleted your double-post. -Please only click on the "save" button once when posting, to avoid this happening in the future.