Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing Financial Period Actual Units into P6 using a Spraedsheet

1 reply [Last post]
Lindsay Cameron
User offline. Last seen 11 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I want to use Excel to import Actual Units into P6 for Financial Periods.

I have set up Financial periods & a test project. I export data to an Excel Spreadsheet (the Resources Tab), which gives me a template. If there are actual hours in P6, then this comes across into P6.

However, if I update the actual hours in the spreadsheet & then import back into P6, the hours I changed/added do not come across.

Has anyone tried this & have a solution?

Replies

Jacob MacIntyre
User offline. Last seen 11 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have the same issue, and I'm looking for the same solution.  

I tried updating the budgeted units as well as the actual per period units (for new activities that didn't have budgets at all) on the same import (resource + activity tabs).

Are you trying to update actuals for activities that have defined budgeted units?  The reason I ask is that I am able to manually enter period actuals on activities that do not have budgeted units.  This is acceptable to P6, but I wonder if you need to define a budget for activities first before it will accept actuals from an import file. 

Jacob