Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

actuals this period after using store pd performance

2 replies [Last post]
Chris Saidon
User offline. Last seen 11 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I having an issue where with actual this period units and costs after using store period performance. The value will initially reset to zero for all resources(which is what I want) but, when I close the schedule and re-open it I am seeing on some resources that the actuals this period costs have values with actual this period units at zero. I also noticed that this unwanted behaviour of P5 also affect the actual to date costs. I have checked all my settings and I am pretty sure that I have not selected any settings in P5 that will auto-calculate the actuals for me.

Does anyone in here experiencing the same issue with P5? Any recommendation for P5 settings (user, project, apply actuals, resources) that I need to follow; or any procedure that I need to do when updating the schedule.

It’s been a few years back but I can recall that P3 has an issue with the actual this period even after you used store period performance and it is visible when you export it in excel. The actual this period units data in excel are not really set to zero but with a data like 0.000012353 (as an example). The way to get around it in P3 was to use global change or to import after implementing store period performance to really reset the actual this period values to zero. I have not tried these in P5.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Replies

Bryan Yao
User offline. Last seen 11 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Chris,

I know what you are talking about, it happened to me once.
whenever you see the unwanted numbers show up in "Actual this period", try "Recalculate Assignment Cost" commend under "Tools" option. The numbers shall turn back to zero and all unit/cost related fields shoud be correct.

Not sure what’s the reason behind. Probably you set the resource as "Calculate costs from units" but somehow the (actual cost) is not equal to (units)x(price/unit).

Two things you have to know when you use period feature,

1. Never key-in numbers directly into any periodic field, only in "Actual This Period" then save to certain period;
2. When "Calculate costs from units" is checked, don’t manually key-in actual cost which should be calculated from units.

That’s all I know about this, Good luck!

Bryan
Ahmet Cetin
User offline. Last seen 9 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Chris,

Can you post screenshots showing the problem? Then I can try to help you. I used actual this period feature before, but I didn’t have problem. You can post your screenshots to the forum in Primavera Tools, Forum, Tutorials, as forum in Planning Planet doesn’t support attachments.

Ahmet Cetin

Visit PrimaveraTools.com
Primavera Tools, Forum, Tutorials