Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

testing with the schedule

2 replies [Last post]
Elda Ayala
User offline. Last seen 12 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi everyone:

I am new in the schedule world.  I would like to know if i can make a test with a subcontractor schedule and re-organize the activities and productions as i think that its gonna be the really subcontactor´s performance taking in consideration the ineficciency of the subcontractor.  I mean, move the histogram of some activities and see how the succesors activities are affected as well as the complition date.

Some of the activities has lags and constraints, so i think that it is a little difficult to clean it up and make the levelings.

Thank you for the help

Elda

Panama

Replies

Alfredo Jr. Hubilla
User offline. Last seen 4 years 36 weeks ago. Offline

As far as your question, you can make a test on your subcontractor schedule as long as you make a copy of it.

Regards,

Frederic Fasquelle
User offline. Last seen 1 year 6 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Elda,

Before to start any analysis, you should take care of contractual aspect.
Indeed, most of contracts are lump sum contract, it means that your subcontractor agreed to achieve his work within window M0 and M0+x months.

It means that your subcontractor will be considered as sole responsible to mobilize and organize his team.

Thus, you can perform your analysis and I am sure that you can improve and rearrange some parts. If you decide to present it to your subcontractor he will either accept it and most probably claim for additionnal money to accelerate / to change his organisation  / to increase his manpower... either reject it and this is his right.

Thus, your analyse could be helpfull but only to understand subcontractor histogram and their installation method. All this will also help your for possible claim.

I would recommend you to strictly follow your subcontrator schedule. To insure that they start on time, to insure that documents are issued on time, to follow progress and any type of indicators issued from his schedule. At first delay, show him that you have noticed it nd ome accelertion are necessary. This is your right in frame of lump sum contract.

REgards