Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Check list for Testing P6

4 replies [Last post]
Nafees Ghouri
User offline. Last seen 3 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

I am testing Primavera P6 as a user. My company is migrating our existing server to loadspring to see the impact of change. Is anyone has the checklist, so i coud test these areas so nothing is missed out. Thanks

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 6 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

POBS tables stand for Project Organization Breakdown Structure. they are not used and they can really slow down a database

here is a link to what POBS tables are as well as a free cleaner for xer files 

http://scheduleanalyzer.com/sae_p_POBS.htm

Tom Reichner
User offline. Last seen 5 years 14 weeks ago. Offline

Nafees,

A few years ago I developed a comprehensive series of tests to evaluate the speed of various Primavera P6 functions in an Enterprise Project Structure (EPS). If you would like this test program please email me at treichner@yahoo.com. 

Nafees Ghouri
User offline. Last seen 3 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks Zoltan,

Just to know what are POBS tables.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 6 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

test the performance times, import and export functions.

Make sure that you do not bring any POBS tables over to the new database