Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 to XER Converter

5 replies [Last post]
Simon Willson
User offline. Last seen 2 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

Does anyone know of a legitimate shareware P3 to XER converter?  I have been sent a P3 file from a contractor and need to import it to a stand alone P6 R8 database.  Please only respond if the shareware is from a reputable source.  Alternatively, please advise if we need to buy a patch for our P6 R8 database.

Many thanks

Simon

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 18 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

here is the link ot my detailed files and instructions to do this 

I use powerzip to zip and unzip my files

http://pmsite.com/forums/viewthread/3146/

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

P6v7 SP2 is the first version of P6 that did not support P3 schedule import unless P3 or SureTrak was already installed.   This has to do with Primavera complying with the Btrieve copyright.  If you already have Btrieve legitimately installed on your machine (via P3 or SureTrak,) then p6 will use it to import your P3 file.  All versions of P6 prior to Version 7, Service Pack 2 will allow you to import P3 schedules without P3 being installed.

The P3-to-XER converter program is available for free to all registered P6 users with a maintenance agreement.  Just go to https://support.oracle.com/CSP/ui/flash.html and use the Knowledgebase to find and download this stand-alone program.  Good luck!

Baris Hazar
User offline. Last seen 7 years 4 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Simon,

I think it is a feature of P6 R8 because a friend of mine has P6 6.2 installed in his computer and this version has the option of import from P3 even if he doesn't have P3 at all. I have P6 R8 in my PC. I will check today.

Regards,

baris

Simon Willson
User offline. Last seen 2 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Baris,

I heard from our vendor that a conversion programme exists however it will only work if you use it in conjunction with a licensed copy of P3.  This is why you can't import P3 into P6 unless you have both licensed versions installed on your machine.

Cheers

Simon

Baris Hazar
User offline. Last seen 7 years 4 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

I think you can directly import a P3 file to P6 without using a converter. Just follow File-->Import-->P3. Then you can export it as XER if you need a XER file for some other purposes.

Regards,

baris