Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Remain Finish Date vs Remain Start Date.

2 replies [Last post]
Jean Desjardins
User offline. Last seen 12 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi everyone,

I am using Primavera PM6 to manage the coming workload of our team.

We have about 95 projects in progress with 4 to 9 activities in each project.

My problem occurs when I open many projects at the same time, the remaining units of some tasks are offset later in timescale and when I try to change the finish date, I get this message :

"Remain Finish Date cannot be earlier than Remain Start Date."

If anybody experienced the same problem, I would appreciate your help.

Thank you

Jean D

Replies

Ravi Katare
User offline. Last seen 9 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Hi

Insert two columns

1. Early Remaining Start & 2. Early Remaining Finish.

For any Inprogress activity, ensure that Early Remaining Start < Early Remaining Finish. If not do it manually by selecting the customize date.

PS: dont forget to move data date after applying the actuals, its cause such kinda problem.

- Ravi

M Carey
User offline. Last seen 6 years 40 weeks ago. Offline

I also get this error when I have only one project open. In addition, I get another error that referes to the Remaining Start and Remaining Finish: Remaining Start cannot be Null; Remaining Finish cannot be Null.