Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Usage Spreadsheet

1 reply [Last post]
Srinivas Gajjarapu
User offline. Last seen 12 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

Hi All,

Any ideas how to solve my problem?

Resource Joe + Damian work in a 12Hrs shift on three activities as noted in the image below. Both theses resources are assigned a Day calender in 12Hrs shift 6am to 6pm. I have used a Linear Curve for the resources.

When I assing the planned hours for Joe 12hrs (on 4th June) & 4hrs (on 5th June) = Total 16Hrs for Activity 1 for Joe, I am seeing that the planned hours are distributed linear on both shifts 8hrs + 8hrs in the Resource usage Shreadsheet.

untitled.jpg

Actually Joe works for Activity 1 for 12hrs on 4th June & 4Hrs on each Activity 1, 2, 3 on 5th June.

Replies

kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 17 weeks ago. Offline

Srinivas,

you have to check the following details. If resources calendar does not match with the activity calendar then you have to make sure which activity type you are using.

as in your case the resources are having 12 hrs per day calendar but the calendar assigned to your acitivity is only 8 hrs per day.I think you are using the task dependant activity type that is why it is showing 8 hrs of work per day.

task dependant activity does not consider the resources availibilty. so even if  JOE wants to work for 12 hrs he cant as the activity is restricting him to do so.

so you have make any one the follwoing changes

1) change the activity type to resource dependant that the activity will be driven by the resources calendar.

2) make the activity calendar same to the resource calendar.