Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Manual update labour unit in resource usage spreadsheet

5 replies [Last post]
Lucas l
User offline. Last seen 13 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all,

Kindly advice on how to manual update labour unit on the resource usage spreadsheet.

I can only manual the budgeted unit not the remaining unit as well.

Regards
Thanks
Lucas

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 18 hours 18 min ago. Offline
Lucas,
Last check, are you using roles assignment as resource or resource itself? If roles make sure Edit Roles Assignment for Resource Planning also ticks.

Make sure that Remaining Early Units is display on the spreadsheet and not Remaining Early Cost.

It much easier if your profile is set to superadmin (less restriction)
Lucas l
I have checked and it is ticked.
Rodel Marasigan
Lucas,
You might not have privilege to that field. To set privilege select Admin-> Security Profiles. Tick Project then locates Edit Resource Assignment for Resource Planning and make sure it has tick.
Lucas l
Hi,

yes, it is present in the spreadsheet.

My duration setting is fixed duration and fixed unit. I check the help section and still can’t solve it.

I can only make changes to the budgeted units, but not remaining unit and actual unit.

Kindly advice.

Regards
Lucas
Rodel Marasigan
Hi Lucas,
Is field remaining early units is present on the spreadsheet? What are your duration type settings? If fixed Units or Fixed Unit/Time then those setting are not updatable in spreadsheet but you can update them on the columns. Fixed Duration and Units or Fixed Duration and Unit/Time are only updatable settings on the spreadsheet.