Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Printing Spreadsheet with S-Curve

4 replies [Last post]
Ijaz Ahmad
User offline. Last seen 7 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello Guys,
I am trying to print the Spreadsheet at top and S-Curve at bottom of screen in the activities view of P6. But to my surprise there is no Printview and print option available. Can any boy or girl guide me how to make this possible?
Thanks
Ijaz

Replies

Andrew Dick
User offline. Last seen 8 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Well I’d be creating a report to take the data out as a HTML file and set it up in excel as a web query data import. Build the s-curve or applicable graphics underneath a table built on the data.
Maybe even use the data table that can be generated using excel charts.

I guess that teaches me for thinking there was a way to do it when Rodel said there wasn’t. _ you think I’d learn by now.. LOL

Andy
(Now getting back in his box and being quite again)
Ijaz Ahmad
User offline. Last seen 7 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Andrew,
I tried your solution, but it didn’t work for P6. Even in the tracking layout, it only gives me the print preview for the top view of window and in the options tab of page setup all other options are greyed out. Is there any other solution that can work or we will have to contact the Primavera guys.
Ijaz
Andrew Dick
User offline. Last seen 8 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Ijaz,
Using P7 in the tracking view with the ’Resource Allocation by Project’ layout, and doing some grouping and sorting allows this to happen.
Can’t recal ever doing this in P6 or less. Not sure if this is new or old functionality.

Give it a crack and see what you come up with.

I’d post a screen shot but can’t remember how. (such is life)

Andy
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 day 3 hours ago. Offline
Ijas,
Unfortunately that is not possible. P6 has only an option to Print either Spreadsheet or Profile (S-curve) or a combination of Gantt Chart/Profile and Gantt Chart/ Spreadsheet.

Note: Top View should be at Activity or Gantt Chart View in order to print Spreadsheet or Profile.