Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

max units / time for the resources

1 reply [Last post]
kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Guys,

please guide me.

i have assigned the resources of the prevoius project for the present project.
since the max units/time were assigned in for the last project.
now if i change the max units then it is getting changed for the last project also.
since resources are enterprise level data,is there any way to assign the new units for the same resource without disturbing the allaocated max units/time for the last project....

thanx,,

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 5 days 7 hours ago. Offline
If you need to keep separate limits then the resources in reality are not global but project specific or just different resources. Resources that are assigned a single job are not global resources even if paid by your company. Global resources are resources to be shared among several jobs.

Perhaps you can export the job as a xer file and import it back but defining resources as project specific in the process. In this way you will be able to set different limits without disturbing the other job. This recommendation might not work, is from what I recall when we had P3e.