Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Tracking

3 replies [Last post]
Haresh Jayanth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Most of the times , when we view open tracking window, most of the projects, all levels of WBS are not displayed fully. Some of the projects only display Level 1 WBS and doesnt display level2 and level 3.

How to view all levels of WBS, when we use tracking. Kindly advice

Replies

Haresh Jayanth
Thank you Mr. Expert..........
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 day 19 hours ago. Offline
Haresh,
In Tracking Window, all closed projects are controlled by available data within WBS as per Project settings in Project Window-> Settings tab-> Summarize to WBS level (default is 2). If you wanted to show all the WBS per each project, you need to open by EPS and not per individual project.

Group and Sort are used on Right Panel of Windows and not on Left Panel which is just List of WBS per project as per summarization and Project WBS detail for open or active project.
Haresh Jayanth
In Addition to my previous post, i have one more additional questions to be answered.

I know that in addition to WBS group & sort, Tracking layout can be grouped by OBS,primary resources, cost account, or activity codes and values.....

But when we go to Group & Sort , we have by only one tab called .default which is grouped by WBS Categorey..How to change in tracking layout ......to sort by OBS, resources, cost accounts etc....can anyone guide me..