Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Add Blank Column in P6

6 replies [Last post]
James Braghini
User offline. Last seen 13 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
How do you add a ’blank" column in P6? Could not find a "blank column" in the different fields. Help. Having Brain Cramp this morning.

James B

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 2 days 15 hours ago. Offline

you can not have a blank column per say. The column must first be defined before it can be displayed. You can create your own user defined field and then display this column. 

This a database not a spreadsheet in a database the fields must first be defined with a name and a type of field before they can be used.

Mazura Maarof
User offline. Last seen 4 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
  1. From Gantt Chart, Write click.
  2. Select column 
  3. Select User define
  4. Select MPS Activity ID  - Click Apply.Click Edit Column to rename such as Notes, Basis etc..
  5. Go to Gantt Chart, On MPS Activity ID Column, start writing what you wish too. MPS Activity ID was similar to Text in MS Project.
nestor quijano
User offline. Last seen 11 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
James
Sorry I assumed that you already have the user defined column NEW, you can add this column by clicking enterprise then user defined fields click Add and select the data type.

Nes
James Braghini
User offline. Last seen 13 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
I CANNOT FIND "NEW". I AM USING P6 V7.0. DID THEY TAKE THAT OPTION OUT?

JAMES B.
muhammad anwar
User offline. Last seen 3 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
James

I believe blank column mean userdefined field.

Click View--Columns and click ’User Defined’ and show whatever type of data you going to store from the predefined column of define your own.

regards

Muhammad
nestor quijano
User offline. Last seen 11 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
James,
Click columns then under available options click user defined select new then move it to selected option and you change the column title.

Nes