Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 SQL database Configuration

13 replies [Last post]
Pundalik Tilve
User offline. Last seen 14 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
HI TO ALL, I INSTALLED COMPLETELY AND SUCCESSFULLY A P6 IN MY LAPTOP, WINDOWS 7 Ultimate OS, WHEN I ATTEMPTING TO LOG IN A MESSAGE APPEAR AS EXACTLY AS THIS "Unable to connect to the Database, would you like to configure it?" BUT WHEN I CONFIGURE STILL CANNOT LOG IN AND A MESSAGE AGAIN APPEAR AS EXACTLY AS THIS "Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [53]. ".
CAN ANYBODY HELP ME? THANKS AND ADVANCE.can also send to my email pptilve.sis@gmail.com or qsmbp.planning@gmail.com

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

sent solution via email but box wanted me ot sign up. I dont need to sign up for anything else 

Mark Paolo Mission
User offline. Last seen 5 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

Hi, I am having the same problem with Pundalik Tilve. Can anyone send me a solution via email.

markpaolo.mission@yahoo.com

much thanks 

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

sent solution via email 

muhammad haseeb
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

i have tried but it is not going to solve , please guide how to fix the same issue.

muhammad haseeb

i have tried but it is not going to solve , please guide how to fix the same issue.

muhammad haseeb

Hi to all ,

i have same problem , please guide 

Muhammad Ayoub
User offline. Last seen 8 years 25 weeks ago. Offline

HI TO ALL, I INSTALLED COMPLETELY AND SUCCESSFULLY A P6 IN MY LAPTOP, WINDOWS 7 , WHEN I ATTEMPTING TO LOG IN A MESSAGE APPEAR AS EXACTLY AS THIS "Unable to connect to the Database, would you like to configure it?" BUT WHEN I CONFIGURE STILL CANNOT LOG IN AND A MESSAGE AGAIN APPEAR AS EXACTLY AS THIS "Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [53]. ".
CAN ANYBODY HELP ME? THANKS AND ADVANCE.can also send to my email engr.ayoub@hotmail.com

Mathieu ALBOUY
User offline. Last seen 12 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

The thing is that you are unable to access to your Database. You have to reach your standalone Servor.  PM also instal a servor during the PM software installing.

That's not the end because depending on which version you have installed, P6V7 or P6.2.1 or previous version, PM instal different Servor. Indeed whith the P6V7 package Oracle provide by default the Oracle XE servor (which is a big shit impossible to manage), at the opposite with P6.2.1 and previous MSSQL Express 2005 is provided, and this one is manageable.

1- Connect to your Servor;

2- Reach you DB;

3- Check the users avaibles into this DB (Security/Users by memory) you should have Privuser & Pubuser;

4- Launch the following script (it works into MSSQl):

exec sp_change_users_login 'update_one', 'pubuser', 'pubuser'
              exec sp_change_users_login 'update_one', 'privuser', 'privuser'

5- Launch PM and create a new connection alias;

6- Into the DB Config: Specify the password to reach the Servor, Enter the login & Password pubuser/pubuser or privuser/privuser.

It should work,

Good Luck ;)

jorge santos
User offline. Last seen 10 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

dear mr tilve,

could you pls. send me the solution...my email is....jic077c18@yahoo.com

this would be a great help.

thanks in advance

jorge

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Pundalik

So what was the solution please?

We are all waiting.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Tony Crowley
User offline. Last seen 3 years 22 weeks ago. Offline

Can anyone assist as I am having the same problem and have tried various workarounds that I have seen in this forum on the web?

Much appreciated

Thierry VINCENT
User offline. Last seen 13 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
i have the same pb with Oracle database (oracle express in a stand alone mode), with the same symptom at the end, can anybody help me with this pb. i’ m not able to configure the database.

thanks in advance for your help
Pundalik Tilve
User offline. Last seen 14 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Yes, I got the solution for the Problem from one of the friend from planningplanet.

His name is :
Mr.Mmuhammad anwar
Heavy Civils

Thanks dear,

You did it for me, I was longing for this from quite a long time.