Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Configure second database for Primavera P6 Version 7 in SQL Server 2008

7 replies [Last post]
Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All,

I am trying to configure a second database for the Primavera P6 version 7 installed with an Oracle Database in my laptop running windows 8.

I have Installed SQL Server 2008 R2 with SP2.

Now I go to the P6-7 Client Installation CD and run the dbsetup from the folder     .

I select/insert the following data

DBA user: sa

DBA Password: sa

Database hostname: mycomputer\SQLEXPRESS

Database Port:1433

Now, after I press next it says connection refused and the following screen comes up.

sql_message.jpg

I have already tried the following as advised by a friend, but without any luck

1. Checked if the sql server services is active
  2. Checked the TCP port number and used the same port number when you create a new database.
  3. Created an exception in the firewall for this port 1433
  4. Tried with computername\SQLEXPRESS in host name.

Now, please let me know where I am doing wrong, and what I need to do to setup the second Database.

Thanks you and regards

Pranab

Replies

Pranab Kumar Deb
Hi Adrianne, It works now! I changed the followingHost Name: happys\sqlexpress Database Name: PMDB User:pubuserpassword:pubuser  Thank you very much. Pranab
D Artagnan
User offline. Last seen 2 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Have you tried username "pubuser" and  password "pubuser" ? 

Get inside the MS SQL Server 2008 and check if the database name really exists. Did you manually install the database? (I suppose so, since P6 has not been making MS SQL now as the default database since P6.7)

Can you post the snapshot of the SQL Server Configuration Manager?

If the database exists, then there's a problem with the connection. 

D Artagnan

Your photos are too small. Anyway, is the database new? Make sure you are typing the name of database.

Send me the snapshots at engr.adrianne@gmail.com. I think I know the problem.

Pranab Kumar Deb

Hi Artagnan,

You are a genius man!

I could configure the SQL Database, Now the problem is, I cannot connect to the Database alias, Do you know what is wrong

1.png

5.jpg

This is the message that comes

Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.;

Please advice if you know any turnaround.

Regards

D Artagnan

Programs --->MS SQL Server 2008 ----> Configuration Tools ----> SQL Server Configuration Manager

Then Click SQL Server 2008 Network Configuration ---> Protocols for SQLExpress (Double Click)

Then Click TCP/IP ----> IP Addresses ---> Scroll Down to "IPAll" ----> Change the TCP Dynamic Ports to '1433'

Then you have restart the 'sql service' and 'sql browser' by clicking 'STOP' symbol and 'PLAY' button....

Pranab Kumar Deb

Dear Artagnan,

How do I check the server configuration? 

Regards

Pranab

D Artagnan

Check the server configuration connection. Your IP might have not been manually set up to 1433, I believe.