Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Installation and Configuration with SQL server 2005

4 replies [Last post]
daniel smatt
User offline. Last seen 2 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I tried to install Primavera P6. After succesful installation, I am having problem with configuring MS SQL database (Microsoft SQL server 2005 or SQL 2005 Express that came with the installation CD.

When I try to configure the database, I get the following error:

"Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: Login failed for user ’pubuser’

Can anyone advice me or help me in configuring the SQL server 2005 database with P6

Replies

Osama Warid
User offline. Last seen 9 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks alot it is working now

Cumhur SAMILOGLU
User offline. Last seen 6 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

hi,

I am in trouble for the installation of P6. In the begining of installation I always receive that error message:

"Microsoft SQL server 2005 Express setup failed to launch". Who can help me to resolve this problem? Thanks in advance for your quick replies..

Ozan GULERYUZ
User offline. Last seen 4 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
When you finished the installation,
DON’T configure the databases, PM and MM.
CANCEL both, then RESTART.
That’s it!
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Daniel,

Try the following steps:

1. If you have already installed your P6 in you computer uninstall everything including the MSQL 2005 Express from your Control Panel.
2. After uninstalling, COPY the "MSSQL$PRIMAVERA" from other computer and PASTE it to "Microsoft SQL Server" folder which you can find in "C:\Program Files". Do not delete this folder during uninstallation of P6.0 In the same folder, you can find also "80 & 90" folders plus the one you paste "MSSQL$PRIMAVERA".
3. Now, install again P6.0 to your computer. Just follow the installation wizard.

You can also download "How to Install P6 Standalone Version.doc" from this site:
http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/7036735/e57980c8/sharing.html?rnd=60

Let me know if it is successful. I have done these steps many times and it is okey.

HTH.

Arnold