Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Seeing Resource Utilisation

9 replies [Last post]
Jay S
User offline. Last seen 9 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
I am trying to see where a Resource (To be exact I only need to find out about 10 resources) have been used without opening each project (1000+ Projects)

I can not open them all as this crushes the system.

Do any body know how ?

P6

Replies

Barrie Callender
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
@Dieter

I am fully aware of summarized data. I think you and I have a different interpretation of what "Plan Plan" wants. I assumed he wants to know the Activities the Resources are assigned to and I believe you are looking to just get the projects.

@Plan
It’s a pity you don’t have Primavera Web. You can make a team of your 10 or so Resources and see exactly which activities they are working on.

My laptop died this morning so can’t contribute at the moment.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
"Plan"

So you are "Admin Superuser". This isn’t sufficient for resource access. In addition the check box "All resources access" must be marked.

The Report:
Try a filter with equal to and use a resource where you are sure she/he is assigned to a project.
Columns: remove all items, replace by "project"
Group&Sort by resource-id name

I just checked with P6.2.1, it worked as well - before it was P6.7

Dieter
Jay S
Thanks again Dieter still cant get it to work.

Admin Preferences --> Options.

Can you maybe be a bit more specific ?

Further
Do you have access to those resources (Admin --> users --> Global Access --> "All resources" marked?)
Yes Checked (Admin Superuser)

- Which filter are you using? (Changed it even tried resource speicif no luck it) If I remove the tik called Hide if Empty I see all the resources but not to which project they are assigned.

- Do you have access rights to the closed projects?

Could you maybe please explain a bit more ?
Jay S
Thanks again Dieter still cant get it to work.

Admin Preferences --> Options.

Can you maybe be a bit more specific ?

Further
Do you have access to those resources (Admin --> users --> Global Access --> "All resources" marked?)
Yes Checked (Admin Superuser)

- Which filter are you using? (Changed it even tried resource speicif no luck it) If I remove the tik called Hide if Empty I see all the resources but not to which project they are assigned.

Could you maybe please explain a bit more ?
Dieter Wambach
@Barry

Summarized data is cumulated data. Those are special tables accessible even if a project isn’t open. How in detail is given by Admin Preferences --> Options.

@ "Plan"

I just checked again. The report works and shows each project a resource is assigned for closed projects as wewll. I didn’t check for planned and inactive.
- Do you have access to those resources (Admin --> users --> Global Access --> "All resources" marked?)
- Which filter are you using?

In addition I checked the group "Resource Assignments and replaced the filter "Open state" by the resources I wished to see. It worked as well. But be aware: For closed projects any reporting will access the summary data.

I assume, reason is the missing access right.
Good luck!
Dieter

p.s. Are you a human and have got a name?
Jay S
Appologies Dieter this dont seem to work it only shows open project ? Is there maybe something else I need to Know ?Step I Used

1) Tools - Summarize - All Project
2) Tools - Report Wizard - New Report Summary Resource Assignments
3) Columns It Showed activity Detail I Changed it to Project Field Only.
4) Group & Sort Change to Resource ID Name (no Ident)

It works good for the Open Report but does not look at the closed report (That is if I have a project open ?

Any Suggestion.

I Have tried running this repirt from Tracking etc.

Maybe there is something small I am not doing ?
Barrie Callender
Dieter’s report will give you the project but if you want the Activity it won’t do it. Reporting must be one of Primavera’s weakest areas.

Dieter Wambach
You may create a report, group "Summary Resource Assignments" --> colunms: "Project" --> Group&Sort: "Resource" --> Filter: is under ... or whatever you need.

As this report will read Summary Data, all projects will be analyzed.

Don’t forget to run Tools --> summarize --> all Projects to obtain current data.

regards
Barrie Callender
I would just use SQL to get the information out of the database.