Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

searching relation in p6.1 for baseline identification

6 replies [Last post]
Georges-Louis Tappy
User offline. Last seen 12 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
hi,
I’m trying to figure out, where is in the p6.1-db the "flag" or how is the relation done for the project baseline or the primary user baseline. I looked through the project table and relations and could not find how is the mapping done inside the db. I’m trying to set up a report directly from the db 6.1
Any idea would be appreciated ;-)
Cheers
Georges-Louis

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 5 days ago. Offline
Grüezi Georges-Louis

your’re welcome.
But you found it by yourself.

Regards
Dieter
Georges-Louis Tappy
hi Dieter,
I was able to make the join with project.sum_base_proj_id in child relation to itself and then it worked ;-)
Thanks again for your help
Georges-Louis
Georges-Louis Tappy
hi Dieter,
thanks for your help. If you have any idea, do not hesitate ;-)
Cheers
Georges-Louis
Dieter Wambach
Georges-Louis

Sorry, I have to leave for a business trip. But in the main project there must be a pointer to the BL. Maybe we’ll continue this discussion on Friday - or someone else has a solution.

Good luck
Dieter
Georges-Louis Tappy
hi Dieter,
thanks for your help.
The problem is the field base_type_id in the table project is empty. In orig_proj_id is the "actual" project correctly relationed. But as we are copying "actual" project as a baseline for backing up, there are several "baselines". Only one of the baselines is activated through the p6 application as project baseline and as primary user baseline and I’m still wondering where this "flag" or relation is done.....
If you have any idea ;-)
Dieter Wambach
Georges-Louis
have a look at your documentation-cd. --> schema docs --> PMDB0601.0011.0001.zip

Look into the table "project", items:
- orig_proj_id
- base_type_id

Hope this helps

Dieter