Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Necking and printing suspended tasks

1 reply [Last post]
David Podmore
User offline. Last seen 12 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have searched the forum for references to this odd behaviour and I don’t seem to be alone....

I have set my all my bars to neck in "Activity non-working intervals" to demonstrate when the work stream was interrupted due to outside influences - a hiatus if you will.

When I print preview and the Gantt is small enough to fit across one page or I force it fit, it fails to render the necking (nor does it come out on the printer). HOWEVER, if you force it to fit across more than one page or it’s naturally that big, low and behold, the necking appears.
I don’t want to show "Calendar non-working time" so this is NOT selected.

I am about to beat the computer with an MSP2003 manual!!!!

Replies

Andrew Pearce
User offline. Last seen 1 year 14 weeks ago. Offline
I think you have run up against the usual down side of Primavera.

Its great at scheduling and number crunching but its Sh1t when it comes to simple graphical representation.

Solution get a copy of Powerproject for presentation use!