Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

necking bar for suspended activty in P6??

4 replies [Last post]
Lucas l
User offline. Last seen 13 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello,

Are there any option for necking bar in P6 for suspended activities ?

I have a resource dependent schedule and need to track the budget labour unit closely.

However the nature of the activities I am working on is not continuous. This is extremely conflicting with my P6 setting and my programming logic.

Any advice

Regards

Replies

Rashid Iqbal
User offline. Last seen 1 year 41 weeks ago. Offline
The best way to handle such activities is to split them as the projetc progresses. Change the description as well to indicate the work that actually happened during that period.

Regards
Rashid
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Lucas,

In your case, you can create and assign a calendar identifying all the suspended dates as nonwork.

Regards,

Arnold
Lucas l
User offline. Last seen 13 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Ian, Thanks for your answer.

For my case, the activity is suspended for multiple time, can that be represented in P6?

I can only suspend the activity once.

Regards
Lucas
Ian Nicholson
User offline. Last seen 14 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
You can neck a suspended bar by going to the bar setup menu, go to the Bar Settings Tab and check the box for Bar Necking for Activity Non-work intervals.

Ian

http://www.emerald-associates.com