Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

(P5) Print-out bar chart w/nonworking interval necking

7 replies [Last post]
Abeer Mahmoud
User offline. Last seen 7 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,

I have two inquiries in P5:

1- When I chose bar necking to activity nonworking intervals it is not appear in print preview or print-out although it appears in primavera window how I can solve this?

2- How can I suspend an activity not start yet?
For example activity will start on Sep. 20 till Sep. 30 with expected suspend on Sep. 24 and will resume on Sep. 27.

Thanks,
Abeer

Replies

Jason LI
User offline. Last seen 3 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
I’m using P5, but it’s ok, what you need to do is adjust the timescale. otherwise can’t show what you want when you print it. you can have a test, just display 1 month bar. you will get it.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Joel

The timescale has to be in a way (e.g. "week/day"), that P6 is able to show it.
As far as I remember there was a bug in P6.0 which was solved either by a patch or by 6.1. I’m using P6.2 - no problem

Regards
Dieter
Joel Villanueva
User offline. Last seen 45 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Hi All,

I have the same predicament too. The neck bars doesn’t appear during print preview and printing is there any solution for this I am using P6. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Joel
Abeer Mahmoud
Hello Arnold,

Yes I marked both boxes; weekly holidays & suspended period and both of them appeared but I don’t need holidays necking because it confuses us.

And when I marked suspended period only the necking appears in primavera window and doesn’t appear in print-out I wonder why?

Regards,
Abeer Taher

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Abeer,

In P6, Bar Settings tab --> Bar Necking Settings, these two options are same with P5.

Did you mark both boxes in this option? I tried with me it is working. May be you miss something.

Keep on trying.

Arnold

Abeer Mahmoud
Hello Arnold,

Thanks for your reply
Kindly note that, at P5 :
There are two options to select bar necking:
1-calendar nonworking time (weekly holidays like Fridays)
2-activity nonworking intervals (suspended period)

• When I chose #1; the neck appears clearly at primavera window & print-out
• When I chose #2; the neck appears clearly at primavera window and it is not appear at print-out (that is what I need to print-out).
• When I chose #1 + 2; the neck appears clearly at primavera window and print-out.

Regards,
Abeer Taher
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Abeer,

The reason why it does not appear the bar necking during preview it is because, your page set up is maybe 100% for scaling. Try to adjust or minimize to 80 or 75% normal size. Likewise, try to check your Timescale under option Tab.

Since suspend date cannot be applied without actual start of a certain activity. All you have to do is to assign a special calendar to this activity. Let say, Sept. 20 till Sept. 30 with expected suspend on Sep. 24 and will resume on Sep. 27. Create a new calendar specifying Sept. 24 to Sept. 26 as nonwork.

HTH.

Arnold