Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Necking of Bars & Print Previews,,

9 replies [Last post]
Jonathan Ward
User offline. Last seen 12 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Hello all,

Once again, any help that anyone could be would be hugely appreciated. Here is the story,,, I have a schedule that I am ready to create a PDF from the Activity View, the strange thing is that the Gant Chart (Activity View) shows a group of activity bars that have ’necked’ (this is fine as I have allowed necking) however the Print Preview of the schedule AND once I have created the PDF show the same group of bars with NO necking,, very odd,, the dates are the same i.e. START and FINSH,, any ideas???

many thank

Replies

Amit Parmar (PMP)
User offline. Last seen 11 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I am using P6v7 with service pack 3, and i am able to get the non-working times in my prinout. I tried creating a PDF with a PDF printer and i was able to get the printout. Can you tell me what timescale are you using and on what paper size are you trying to print?

Necking Prinout

Regards

Amit Parmar

Check out my blog on Primavera at http://www.primaverablog.in

doyin mcarthur
User offline. Last seen 3 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

I have the same issue and I am using P6 v7.

I am trying to show non work period on my layout, when I chose bar necking it appears on my screen but as soon as I go to Print preview or print it’s gone, how I can solve this?

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 1 week ago. Offline
David

I just checked with different printers and pdf. All were ok. But if you don’t see it in the print preview, it won’t be printed. Print preview already uses the driver for the printer that you access.

Maybe it was fixed with 6.2.

Good luck!

Dieter
David Podmore
You jammy s*d Dieter. V6.2 fixes it? Well, I must get on to my I.T. chaps and get it loaded...

D
David Podmore
Nope, that doesn’t work for me. If it’s not visible on the preview screen, it won’t print out on paper/pdf.

Primavera acknowledge it is a real problem. There is a workaround using User defined fields and Global Change but it is not elegant and needs running each time you wish to print.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 1 week ago. Offline
Hi

As I don’t like the necking of bars I can’t remember if I ever tried.
I just tried to print - it worked. We use P6.2

Regards
Dieter
Shahzad Ahmad
User offline. Last seen 14 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Hi

I was also facing same problem.

you can print pdf in A3 size and take it print out in A4 size neckbar should be visiable and time scale also clear try it.

I did the same its help me.

Thanks
shahzad
David Podmore
I’m sorry to report that this feature is a bug in P3e and is subject to a "future enhancement". Primavera-speak for "it’s broken".

One day....
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Jonathan,

Try to adjust the "% Normal Size" in Page Setup.

Arnold