Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Task ordering against WBS

3 replies [Last post]
Jim Sanders
User offline. Last seen 12 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all,

Am I right in thinking that regardless of the sort order selected, within a WBS level the first items to be shown will be the activities at that level then followed by any lower level WBSs?

e.g.

WBS L2
Activity 1
Activity 2
WBS L3
WBS L3
WBS L2
etc.

Is there any way of having the activities appear after the lower level WBSs?
WBS L2
WBS L3
WBS L3
Activity 1
Activity 2
WBS L2

I know that I can create additional WBS L3 to hold the activities, but if I wanted a milestone under L2, summarising the dates from L3 then it appear first when I’d really like it to be afterwards.

Cheers
Jim

Replies

Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
I think, that I would go with a combination of WBS (to level 1) and activity codes.
Jim Sanders
User offline. Last seen 12 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Steven,

Thanks for replying.

Unfortunately I’m after a way of changing the order of where the activities are in relationship to the sub-WBSs.

To clarify - If I have a series of WBS groups of activities and I then want a milestone driven by the latest activity of them then I would like the milestone to be listed after the WBS groups (as I logically like my plans to waterfall down - the latter activities appearing lower in the list than the earliest). It’s currently showing the milestone before the WBSs.

Cheers
Jim
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
You can change the order that wbs bands are displayed, if that is what you are after.